Senior Business Development Manager France (8 Month Maternity Cover)
RemoteParis, Île-de-France, France€4,000 - €5,000 per monthMarketing & Sales
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to join us for 8 months and help expand our presence in France!
Do you want to work with advanced technology that prevents food waste? Do you have demonstrated experience with sales and account management? Do you also have a passion for sustainability and love getting new customers on board? Then we are looking for you!
At Orbisk, we are on a mission to create a sustainable future by achieving an ambitious goal: zero food waste. We're looking for individuals who want to join our motivated team, where impact is at the heart of everything we do, and be part of our collective effort to build a better world. 🌍
To grow our impact as a ‘green’ stain, serving our customers and focusing on innovation is at our core. By embracing a culture of continuous learning, we listen to what our customers need and adapt, improve and enhance our sustainable solution.
We are there to build long term relationships and be a partner to our customers. With tailored guidance and support, our Orbi has been implemented worldwide in over 25 countries to reduce food waste. Let's keep that number growing! 🌱
What exactly are you going to do?
This is a maternity cover, temporary position. This role focuses on the French market and will ideally be based in France, or otherwise based in the Netherlands with travel to France. As Orbisk is growing quickly and building a name outside of the Netherlands, you will be a key part of this expansion!
You will be responsible for bringing in new customers and managing accounts within the hospitality and food service markets. You are not a shrewd salesperson, but work with a consultative selling approach, focusing on good customer relationships and sustainable solutions. You will be focused full time on bringing in new customers and increasing our monitors with those customers. You will then ensure a good transfer to our Customer Success department.
The Sales team currently consists of a Head of Sales and Marketing, and seven Business Development Managers. You will ensure the goals are met during the maternity leave and manage one Junior Business Development Manager in the team.
Your activities are:
-Implementing the sales plan for your market and defining quarterly action plans
-Proactively approaching prospects via Linkedin, telephone, email, events or via your network for making (physical) appointments
-Meeting prospects online and sometimes meet them physically across France
-Concluding multi-year deals for our installations with which we structurally help customers prevent food waste
What we need you to bring:
- A completed bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years of experience in sales and account management
- A relevant network and experience in hospitality or food services markets. This is a must!
- An enormous drive to always go the extra mile for the customer
- Experience and you get energy from doing acquisition
- Native French and a good command of the English language. Spanish would be a real plus
- You are a self-starter and used to working independently
- You are able to work in an organized, independent, structured manner
- You want to work with a product that really makes an impact on organizations and the world
- Preferably you live in France, even better the Paris region. But we are also open to French candidates living in the Netherlands and who are willing to travel when needed to customers in France
What will you get:
- €4200 - 5000 gross p/m (depending on experience)
- To take a break to recharge, we encourage you to take 25 days of annual leave per year
- Next to this, we organize additional team learning activities
- Everyone has different needs when it comes to benefits. That’s why we offer you a flexible spending budget of € 40 per month. This can be spent on a variety of health and wellness options!
- To ensure you are taken care of later on, we have a pension contribution
- With your manager you will have growth conversations, and if needed you can also have a chat with a career coach
- An annual home office budget of €250, so you can create a nice work from home space
- We make sure we regularly organise company activities to connect with our colleagues
- When you refer a new colleague we’d like to thank you with a referral bonus
- We are B corp certified, so of course sustainability runs through our veins
- Last but not least, a dynamic environment and passionate, close knit team all working together towards an ambitious goal!
The application procedure will consist of two interviews with, among others, the Head of Sales Southern Europe, Head of Sale and Marketing and the CCO, and possibly an assessment. Have you become enthusiastic about our story, the job description and are you convinced that you have what it takes to make this role a success? Then we look forward to receiving your application! Please send through a CV and Cover Letter explaining your interest and motivation for this role (application documents in English).
If you have any questions, reach out to Talent Acquisition Specialist Hannah at email@example.com.